Tuesday, December 6, 2016

A taste of America, Disney style

As I was sitting here trying to decide what should I put up for my first post regarding our fascination with Americana, I realized it was sitting right in front of me: my goofy stapler.

Anyone who knows me knows my Americana bent hinges on two pop culture worlds: Disney and Star Trek. So, while you can look forward to all sorts of historical and hysterical posts from Heather, from me you can expect a visit to the Happiest Place on Earth or Where No Man Has Gone Before.

Today, I will share with you the inspiration for this post: Goofy. The stapler was a gift from a former colleague and a dear friend who knew how Goofy I feel most of the time.

Here is the side view:


And here is the front view:


I think being a collectible, made in America, about an American Icon, by an America icon, it counts as Americana.

What do you think?

Till next time,
Maryanne

No comments:

Post a Comment