Friday, May 26, 2017

A Pause for Parting Before New Beginnings

This week has put me in mind of things ending and things beginning.

On a personal note, the kids have come for their whirlwind visit before flying off to live their own productive lives again - I don't expect to see much of them until summer ends.

On a more musical and tragically public note, the bombing at the Ariana Grande concert still echoes through my heart and mind and probably will for a bit longer.

This weekend is Memorial Day weekend, which causes many people to stop and remember the ones who parted from our own lives, and the soldiers who were permanently parted from friends and family as they did their patriotic duty.

Parting is bittersweet. But I have trouble lingering on the bitter side and tend to look toward the inevitable new season that occurs once the parting is over. What new adventures lie on the other side of this weekend of remembrance? I can't wait to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment